Say it with sushi!
We’ve been thinking how to inject a little more love into lockdown and have come up with a few KIBOU suggestions to help you celebrate this Valentine’s in style.
So we’ve conjured up a special Valentine’s Tasting Menu gift card that’s full of all the dishes we love the most, then matched them with our favourite drinks too.
It’s a sumptuous Japanese feast that’s designed for sharing… and designed to win the heart (or at least get brownie points) of that someone special.
A matched made in heaven we hear you say, so here’s the menu…
Valentine’s Tasting Menu – gift card
- Miso Soup
Starters – served with a glass of prosecco
- Wakame salad – seaweed salad with mirin dressing & sesame seed
- Edamame beans – topped with black lava salt, chilli or garlic oil
- Spinach goma-ae – blanched spinach in a sweet-savoury sesame dressing
- Pork gyozas – handmade, lightly spiced, pork mince dumplings; pan-fried & steamed, served with gyoza dipping sauce.
Sharers – served with a signature KIBOU cocktail
- Chicken yakitori – skewered, grilled chicken thigh in yakitori sauce, spring onions & Japanese pickles
- Asparagus yakitori – skewered, grilled asparagus in yakitori sauce, spring onions & Japanese pickles
- Mixed tempura – softshell crab, prawn and vegetables, lightly battered with crispy, handmade tempura flakes, served with tempura sauce
- Chicken kara-age – chicken thigh marinated in soy, ginger & garlic, fried and served with sriracha mayo
Bao Buns – served with a glass of Tamanohikari (ice-cold house sake)
- Pillowy bao buns filled with finely sliced raw cabbage, Japanese pickles, KIBOU mayo
- Chicken kara-age
Sushi & sashimi – served with Ozeki (warm house sake)
- Mixed sashimi – the freshest sashimi (salmon, tuna, seabass) – selected by our chef
- Aburi Nigiri – nigiri sushi selection (salmon & tuna) seared briefly and dressed in aburi sauce
- Sushi rolls – selection of sushi rolls, including salmon & avocado, spicy tuna & cucumber and our signature Volcano roll
- Beef Tataki – 4 pieces of seared beef, marinated and seasoned with kimchi, chives & aburi sauce
Dessert – served with Umeshu plum wine and a pot of green tea
- Mixed mochi ice cream
Our Valentine’s Tasting Menu gift cards can be purchased with or without the accompanying drinks, and are priced based on 2 people sharing.
Valentine’s Tasting Menu with Drinks £150 (£75pp)
Valentine’s Tasting Menu £90 (£45pp)
[Buy gift card] link to https://kibou-japanese-restaurant-bar.mytoggle.io/
Price based on 2 people sharing. Must be pre-booked at least 24 hrs in advance – please state ‘Valentine’s Tasting Menu’ in the booking notes. Not available for use on takeaway or delivery menu. Gift cards are valid for use until 12 December 2021. All menu items are subject to availability.